About Me

My photo
Mother, writer, book fiend, music lover, history nerd. Staying true to my work, my word and my friends. Thanks, Henry.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

November 4, 1929

Nov. 4, 1929
Ala. City, ALa
Route #1

Dearest Sweetheart;

I will answer your letter which I was very glad to get and am very sorry I didn’t answer sooner.  Sweetheart, how are you at this time?  Sweet as ever.  I know you didn’t get to go anywhere Sunday, that just too bad.  We’ll go somewhere next Sunday if nothing don’t happen.  Oh, yes do you still love me like you used to?  Ha ha.  I thought I would ask for I haven’t ask you in a long time.  You said something about being jealous.  You are not by yourself.  I am jealous about that Purcell girl, her name is Ruby, ha ha.  The reason of that is I love you like nobody else can.  Say sweetheart, when are you and I going to get M_______?  A cold ha ha ha ha.  You know it won’t be long til Xmas.  I wonder what Santa Claus is going to bring me, ha.  You know what I said I wanted but that too much to ask of him.  Maybe he will bring you next Xmas.  Hope so anyhow.  I wonder what makes me love you.  Oh yes, I know because you are so sweet in your looks adn your way.  You make me happy from day to day.  I love you lots.  I love you worlds for you are my sweetheart, my only girl.

Well I will close for the period is nearly up so bye bye sweetheart.  

With lots, just worlds of love and yours if you want me,
Leslie

PS
A kiss to you, smack..ha ha

No comments: