About Me

My photo
Mother, writer, book fiend, music lover, history nerd. Staying true to my work, my word and my friends. Thanks, Henry.

Monday, June 06, 2011

July 2, 1929

702 Elmwood Ave.
Gadsden, Ala
July 2, 1929

My Dear Ruby:

I will answer your letter which I was glad to get.  Would have wrote sooner but you know how it is on Monday nights...have to drill.  Well I hope you are O.K.  I am very sorry I made you mad but I just love you.  I hope it will be O.K. for I promise you I would not go.  Honest, I won’t go.

“Love is good but Oh how
Bitter to love a girl and
the can’t kiss her.”

Ruby, maybe I have been a draw back to your happiness in life.   I am sorry if I have.  Sorry I mistreated you.  I didn’t mean to.  If you knew how broken-hearted I was Sunday.  Oh my, it’s terrible.  It’s hard, Ruby Dear, but I don’t mind that for I love you.  Well, I will quit so good-bye.

From “Old Leslie”, the one who loves you best.

PS
See you soon.

No comments: