About Me

My photo
Mother, writer, book fiend, music lover, history nerd. Staying true to my work, my word and my friends. Thanks, Henry.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

October 1, 1929

Alabama City, Ala
Route #1
Oct. 1, 1929

Dearest Sweetheart:

I will answer the letter I got from my sweetie and was more than glad to get it.  Always glad to get a letter from Ruby.  No, Ruby I haven’t carried those fines yet, but I will today.  I sure hope they are good.  Yes Dear, Wilbur and I are planning on going to Anniston, but not to see any girls.  I only want to go for your sake so you could see the place and would have already visited these small towns before we go on our--------you-know-what.  Don t you Ruby?  Anyway you could guess, but I better not talk too much for you wouldnt’ have me, but if I find my way we would go in about two years.  Well, I guess you think I am crazy but I can’t help it.  I really love you as my darling wife.  I have dreamed of that Ruby and Oh how I hope it will come true.  Ruby, I am jealous of you which I guess you have noticed.  Yes it pays sometimes, Ruby Dear.  You said you just give me two years till I be married.  Well, you  think you’ll be ready by that time...ha ha.  I know you wouldn’t have me, just teasing of course.  That is if you take it that way, ha ha.  Anyway somebody will be lucky if they get a nice, lovely girl like you.  Oh my, I wish I was lucky. Oh well, it won’t be that long till Sunday.  I wonder if you let me come over to see my sweetheart which is you, of course.  Well, you promise you be just my sweetheart?  And I am sure I be just your sweetheart, that is if you will let me, ha ha.  

You know I got knocked cold as an iceberg, but I’m alright now.  Sure was bad about the wreck that my friend had yesterday on the side of the mt.  Sorry for him.  I’ve got a heart for everybody.  He was a nice boy.  I  like him very much.  Well, so much for that.  Ruby Dear, I have went with a few more girls beside  you and you are the choice of the majority.  I love your looks, your ways and oh a smile from you helps me very much.  Oh yes, your poems sure were cute.  Ruby Dear, I must tell you you won’t have any trouble getting me now.  You have won my heart.  But if I only knew I could get you for my wife, some of these days two or three years any how.  We are quite young yet but about two or three years wouldn’t be bad for us to unite.  No one knows about our love affairs but Leslie and Ruby.  I guess you think I am fast, but I have a good reason for that.  Guess you are tired of reading such junk so I will close as it is time to hit the hay, fodder or feathers so bye bye, sweetheart.

With lots of love and hoping kisses everyday,
Leslie
(Look on other side)

PS
To you a kiss “smack”

No comments: