About Me

My photo
Mother, writer, book fiend, music lover, history nerd. Staying true to my work, my word and my friends. Thanks, Henry.

Monday, June 13, 2011

October 30, 1929

Oct 30 1929
At School
Third Period

Dearest Sweetheart:

I am not mad and wasn’t mad yesterday.  I was just worried.  Well, you speaking of troubles.  I have them too.  I am sorry you are heartbroken.  It hurts me for I love you so much.  And if you leave, I will kill myself unless you promise you will wait for me.  I would go with you, but look what a great responsibility I have driving the school bus.  I would hate to leave them without a driver, but I would for I love you.  I think you can understand my troubles.  I understand yours, I think. Couldn’t blame you for leaving.  Ruby may I come over tonight?  Will it be alright?  I want to talk with you.

Bye Bye Honey
Yours,
Leslie

PS
Answer your next study hall, please.  No dear I won’t think hard of you for writing.  I am glad you wrote. Always write or tell me your troubles and I will help you all I can.  Sure I will forgive you.

No comments: