About Me

My photo
Mother, writer, book fiend, music lover, history nerd. Staying true to my work, my word and my friends. Thanks, Henry.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

August 1, 1929

August 1, 1929
Ala. City, ALa.
Route # 1

Dearest Ruby:

I will answer your letter which I was more than glad to get.  Well, Ruby I hope you will get over your trip soon.  Very glad you had a good time.  I enjoyed myself very much.  We will go again some day, hope so any way.  Ruby dear, you know I don’t like to say bad things about any girl, which I try not to.  My aim is to be nice and respectable to any girl.  But I have one thing to say that she has the wrong idea of the mishaps and trouble that is happening.  If she will consider things before talking it would help her in many way, but as it is poor business, I think.  Just have to let her talk, but no such business for me.  I think very little of a girl that would do you that way.  I don’t care for her.  Just went with her to past off time.  But I go with you because I have learned to love you.  I am jealous of you , can’t help it.  If you are with me we will try to make the best of it we can.  If true thoughts and happiness were in everybody this would be a world of joy to everyone.  The battle is hard but I am trying to reach the goal with a clear mind, sweet thoughts and a smiling face.  Everybody is my friend and I want to be everybody’s friend, hoping the future will be a better life for us.  Will tell you more later.

Bye Bye
With worlds of love,
Old Leslie

PS  But I can’t go with her any more.  I am not happy with her.  You are the happiness of my life for I love you best.

Dear Ruby:

Now to you I’m loving for I love you most
If my love to you was water it would go from coast to coast.
But as I go alone the roadside and see the flowers bloom,
It reminds me of the night I met you, just some time in June.
I am longing for you darlin, and hoping your love is true.
Thinking that some day our life will begin anew.

True

Leslie V. Watson


No comments: