About Me

My photo
Mother, writer, book fiend, music lover, history nerd. Staying true to my work, my word and my friends. Thanks, Henry.

Saturday, June 04, 2011

June 11, 1929

702 Elmwood Ave.
Gadsden, Ala.
June 11, 1929
Dear Ruby:
You are no doubt surprise to get a letter but I just had to write you to let you know that I still love you.  And would be happy if I knew that you loved me.  You know, a brown-eyed boy is hard to win and hard to lose.  Well, I am still in hopes of winning back my loss.  When I lost you I lost the pleasure of my life.  But I hope to be happy again with you, Dear.  I guess you heard about Thurston and Mae bust up Sunday.  Too bad but it will happen.  Don’t forget I am going to keep promises.  I hope you are learning to love me more each day, which I can’t help but love you.  My Dear Ruby, you don’t know how blue I am, but that will grow old.  But you will never grow old to me..bear that in mind.  Will hope to see you soon.  Maybe Thursday night if it’s alright.  If not, tell me about it when you answer my letter please.  Well, bye bye, Honey.  

With worlds of love.  
From your friend,
LV Watson or ________

PS
(Answer soon)
If water was love
my love to you
would be a big as
the ocean.

Inside of envelope: To Miss Ruby Purcell from the one who loves you best. LVW

No comments: