About Me

My photo
Mother, writer, book fiend, music lover, history nerd. Staying true to my work, my word and my friends. Thanks, Henry.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

November 5, 1929

Alabama City, Ala.
Route #1
Nov. 5, 1929

Dearest Sweetheart:

Answering the letter I received from my sweetheart which I was very glad to get.  Say honey I don’t think hard of you for answering my letter so soon.  I am sorry I don’t answer your letters that quick.  No Ruby I don’t mind a little thing like that and I believe you love me like you say you do so I need not worry.  Yes dear, I really meant that question I ask you but we will decide later about the date.  I would be much happier if we had a home of our own.  My home is comfortable and pleasant some time.  Anyway I would be happier with you as my housekeeper.  You can believe me or not but you are the only girl I would have for I love you dearly.  Ruby dear, I hope we can go to my grandmother’s Sun.  It is her birthday and she is 88 years old.  I want you to go so the family reunion will be complete.  Ha ha.  That be right for some these days before long you will be part of the family, ha ha.  You know, I sure do hope so any how.

All these days we have gone through, but all the days that are yet to come.  And then look back and think of the happiness we have won.

Well Baby I better hush for it is slumber time for me, so bye bye sweetheart.

Yours forever if you wish with love,
Leslie

PS
Are we going to the party Friday night?  I would be glad to carry you.  If nothing happen, I am going. (Smack *heart drawn* Goodnight)

No comments: